NAPFA 2017 Fall Conference
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Kathleen will be a featured speaker at the NAPFA 2017 National Conference in Orlando, FL. Her topic will be How to Help Your Clients Shatter Money Taboos and Start Talking Openly about Finances.
Almost half of Americans say that the most difficult topic to discuss with others is personal finance and that they would rather discuss death, politics, or religion.
This societal money taboo is ruining marriages and families, bankrupting businesses, and making it almost impossible for the next generation to be healthy around money. Ironically, it is also hurting many of those in the financial services industry as they are not taught the skills to address the emotional side of money and are encouraged to solely focus on the technical aspects of planning.
In this keynote presentation, Kathleen Burns Kingsbury will highlight the cost of money silence to clients, advisors, and society, and offer practical strategies for breaking money silence with individuals, couples, and families as a way to fuel business growth.
Attend and discover:
- The high price you and your clients pay for money silence
- Practical strategies for teaching women and couples financial communication skills
- How your advisor money talk mindset impacts your business success and what to do about it
- Why advisors can and should use this service as a competitive differentiator
- How joining the Breaking Money Silence Revolution makes good business sense
All participants receive a bonus chapter, “Is Your Gender Costing You A Fortune?” from Breaking Money Silence: How To Shatter Money Taboos, Talk More Openly, and Live a Richer Life, published September 2017.